Sunday, April 11, 2021

(Sugar Bee) Fiesta Fun for Ayla Turning One!

I cannot believe that it was just about a year ago that I was making fiesta themed baby shower cookies for my niece! Yesterday, a very special little girl had a fiesta with her family that was filled with fun to celebrate her turning ONE! I was so happy that I was able to make some cookies for her first milestone! 

When I was designing the cookies, I wanted to keep a couple of the designs from her baby shower, but I also wanted to create something new for her first birthday. So I kept the marranitos and cactus cookies, but this time I added little conchas and a different take on the serape and piñata. 

Because I love to personalize a cookie or two, I decided to use my number one cookie and pattern it like a serape blanket, and then add the birthday's girls name. I also wanted to throw in a cake because it is her very first birthday cake, so I designed the cake using the ruffled like texture of a piñata and then added a "One" to the cake topper. 

Since we were celebrating a little girl's first birthday, I decided to adorn a few of the cookies with little rosettes. I thought they added a lovely pop of color and just made the cookies a bit more dainty.

I absolutely loved how this set came together and I hope the birthday girl and her family loved eating them!


Happy birthday sweet girl! I hope your special day was filled with love and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment