Sunday, June 23, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Rustic Wedding Shower Cookies

I am packing up my bags (and these cookies) and headed to the windy city to celebrate a bride and groom and their upcoming nuptials. Two lovebirds will be honored by their family and friends at a beautiful wedding shower that will be filled with so much love...and cookies!

I wanted to surprise the couple with sweet treats that would not only be a delicious dessert at the party, but also serve as part of the decorations. The rustic design and blue color scheme make up the look and feel of the event, so I wanted to the cookies to have the same aesthetic.

There were two designs that I knew I really wanted to create for this set. The first design was a diamond engagement ring decorated with flowers in a couple different hues of blue. This allowed me to throw in a little bit of gold for that touch of bling and really highlights the bride. The second design was a pretty wedding cake patterned with a subtle pearlized lace pattern that featured the same pretty flowers as the ring to keep the set unified.

I knew I wanted to incorporate something that would personalize the set for the couple and added that really rustic feel. So I came up with a heart that was decorated to look like wood planks and added the letter "B" to the center to feature the initial of their last name. To complete the design, I added little rosettes to add that pretty touch that also keeps the set cohesive.

The light blue ampersand was a fun addition that I have been dying to do for a while now and it allowed me to incorporate the "Mr. and Mrs." that is featured in the shower decor.

Lastly, I wanted to add a mason jar to the set because it is a staple in rustic style events. However this mason jar is patterned with a pretty pearlized roses and says "love" and features their upcoming wedding date. 
I am so happy that I was able to create cookies for this special day and I look forward to sharing in the celebration of the happy couple. Congratulations to the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs.! Wishing you both a a lifetime of love and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment