Saturday, July 6, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Yesterday we had so much fun celebrating Independence Day with our friends and neighbors. Nothing is better than surrounding yourself with amazing people while watching fireworks and eating delicious food! This year our neighbors hosted the 4th of July BBQ and I didn't want to arrive empty handed, so I decided to bake some cupcakes to take with us. When thinking of what I wanted to create, I knew I wanted them to be light and have a summer feel. The first thing that came to mind was a lemon flavor, but then I thought adding blueberries would be the perfect addition because not only do they compliment the lemon flavor well, it added a touch of white and blue (which was as patriotic as they could get without me adding another ingredient, thankfully my neighbor brought a red and white dish that looked great next to my cupcakes!)

Let me just say that these cupcakes were so delicious! The lemon blueberry cake had the perfect amount of lemon flavor and the bites of blueberry just blended so nicely on the palate. The lemon cream cheese frosting garnished with lemon zest and a single fresh blueberry complimented the cake so nicely. Eating these sweet treats at the end of the night while watching fireworks made for a perfect 4th of July celebration!




Happy Independence Day! Hope you and your family had a day filled with pride, honor, and sweet treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment