Sunday, October 20, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Game Time Cookies for Team Rivers

It is game time and today Team Rivers will be having a ball celebrating three All-Star birthdays! Cruz, Rogue, and Hudson will be kicking it with all of their friends and family, and will be scoring some delicious sports themed treats!

When I was thinking of ideas for this birthday theme, it was definitely a challenge to try and incorporate all three sports for three different children. But ultimately, the team mom (and referee) chose a set that would identify a sport for each child and a design that would represent the team as a whole.

The birthday boy, Cruz, is celebrating his first birthday this year and his mom wanted this momentous occasion to be a touchdown, so he was given football as his sport. Because I love to personalize birthday sets, I used my number one cookie cutter to create the ball for his sport and then I designed a coordinating jersey with his name and age.

Rogue, the most adorable birthday girl, is celebrating her second birthday this year and to kick up the fun, she was given soccer as her sport. So to keep unity and cohesion for the set, I designed a number two cookie to look like a soccer ball and then personalized a jersey with her name and age on it.

Finally, the eldest birthday boy and MVP, Hudson, is celebrating his fifth birthday and in order to make this year's special day a slam dunk, he was given basketball as his sport. Thus, similarly to his siblings, I created a number five cookie to represent his age and decorated it to look like a basketball. Then he also got a coordinating jersey with his name and age on it.

Because I thought it was important to have a cookie to reflect all three children as part of a whole team, I created a hat with the letter "R" on it for "Team Rivers". I think that this really helped bring the entire set together!
Wishing Cruz, Rogue, and Hudson a very happy birthday! I know you will be kicking up the fun and your party will be a total slam dunk and touchdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment