Saturday, November 28, 2020

{Sugar Bee} Happy Retirement Sherrie

 

This week I created a set of cookies for my Aunt's colleague and friend who was retiring after many years. She wanted to send her off with a wonderful celebration that was fit for someone who enjoys the cabin life, so what better way to say "happy trails" than with adorable sugar cookies!

The theme of the party was just too cute and I was very excited to have been able to make these cookies! I immediately thought of all the great stuff that we experience when spending time in a cabin. 

The first cookies I thought of were the s'mores designs! I don't know about you, but I love to roast marshmallows by the fire and make s'mores, so I created two designs. One with a cute little smiley face, the other with the saying "wish we had s'more time together". They were both so cute, we had to make both! 

The second design I wanted to create was the name plaque with the pine trees. I think of all the beautiful green trees when we go up north to stay in a cabin and I thought we needed that in the cookie set. So I airbrushed little trees and personalized the plaque with the name of the retiree, Sherrie. On that same note, I created little tree cookies with snow on them, since we are approaching that time of year.

Next, I wanted to incorporate a camp fire. I think that sitting by the fire is always such a cozy and fun way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. With this cookie design I airbrushed the flames with a couple different colors for a very cool effect.

Last, but not least, I created a camping mug that says "happy retirement" that is topped with hot chocolate and marshmallows, because who doesn't love a hot cup of cocoa on a cold day when staying in a cabin!

This set turned out so cute and I hope Sherrie loved them as much as I loved making them! Happy retirement!


No comments:

Post a Comment