Friday, December 14, 2018

{Sugar Bee} 90th Birthday Fiesta Cookies

Tomorrow is a very special day to my family, we are celebrating the 90th birthday of my grandma! This party isn't just any birthday, but a fiesta that will be celebrated with family, festive decor, mariachis, delicious food, and of course lots of sweet treats!

While the rest of the family is taking care of the decorations, food, entertainment, guest list, I of course got to work on the cookies! Though I can't say I designed these myself, I was so excited that my fellow cookier and friend, Melissa Romero from Cakeology, let me use some of her designs from her Coco themed cookies to use for this occasion.

The Mexican pastries were some of my favorite cookies to do because they look just like the real thing! I created the Marranitos (the little pig gingerbread cookies), the pink Conchas (Mexican sweet break), and the Mexican cookies with sprinkles.

I also wanted to highlight that this is more than just a fiesta, but a milestone for my grandma, so I included the 90 that I decorated to look similar to a serape (a Mexican blanket) and the little abuelita (inspired by Mama Coco from Disney's Coco).

I think these galletas will be a wonderful touch as we celebrate the matriarch of our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment