Thursday, February 14, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Stuck on You Valentine's Cookie Collection

As an Arizonian, I thought it would be fitting to come up with a collection that was someone indicative of the southwest...so I came up with a set that was filled with hearts, lips, and lovable cacti! Because really, what's a better way to say Happy Valentine's Day than with cute cacti cookies!
When I was designing these, I wanted to create a festive holiday color scheme to mesh with the desert plants. So I used a palette that is comprised of different hues of green, pops of red and white, with small accents of gold. I patterned the gold hearts on the saguaro cactus to reinforce the lovely feeling of Valentine's Day, which also resembles the heart cookies with their red and gold sprinkles. In addition, I created the lips cookie to resemble the lips on the potted female. I love how these cookies work well as a set, but they also break up into single gifts, or mini sets so nicely!
These cookies are "looking sharp" and are ready for Valentine's Day. I hope that everyone is as "stuck on" these cookies as I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment