Tuesday, December 17, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Sugar Cookies for a Sweet Wedding Day

 
This past Sunday was a very special day for a bride and groom and I was so honored to be able to make their day a little bit sweeter!

When I was approached by the bride-to-be about a year ago to create cookies for her December wedding, I was very excited to have the opportunity to take part in such a momentous day in a couple's life. I had so many ideas running through my head, it was definitely a difficult task narrowing it down to just a handful of designs. Ultimately, the bride an groom chose six designs that would compliment their celebration perfectly.
The bride had chosen succulents as a main theme in her decor and selected a pale pink as her color. So with that information, I was able to incorporate succulents and pink into my designs. A tiered cake is such a traditional element and symbol of a wedding that it seemed like a must. So I immediately knew I wanted to create a wedding cake with a subtle pearlized floral pattern and decorated with succulents and pink flowers.
The second design I chose was an ampersand that would have the words "Mr." and "Mrs." to represent the newly married couple. I hand painted the ampersand using gold luster to add a little shine to the set and to bring out the gold accents in the rest of the designs.
My next idea was to create something with more personalization, so I designed a hexagon cookie with a subtle chevron pearlized pattern and added the bride and groom's initials along with a small bouquet of flowers.
Because the main theme was succulents, I decided that it was only fitting to create a terrarium. I really loved the way the different shades of green look together along with the different textures of the succulents. To add a little more personalization to this cookie, I added the couple's wedding date. 
 The last two cookie designs were specifically requested by the happy couple. They asked for heart cookies to look like a bride and a groom. For the bride, I created a subtle floral pattern on her dress and adorned her with a pearl necklace. The groom was dressed in a black tuxedo and I added a pretty pink boutonniere to coordinate with the other floral cookies in the set. I really love how these two cookies look within the set and how the black tux really makes the couple's initials pop.
 
I hope the happy couple had a wonderful day celebrating and I hope they love their cookies as mush as I loved making them! Here's to a long and happy marriage filled with a lifetime of love and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment