Sunday, May 19, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Cactus Cookies for Zane's 1st Birthday

This weekend I had the pleasure of creating another custom cookie set for a customer whose baby boy was celebrating his 1st birthday! This mama loves a cute cactus cookie and it so happens that her little man has a cactus themed nursery. So when it came to deciding upon a theme, it seems that it was pretty easy....a cactus themed party of course!
I was very excited when I was contacted to create cookies for this special birthday party. I just love 1st birthdays....they are big milestones and the one party that parents can just go a little more crazy than they normally would.

When I was thinking of designs, I had so many ideas going through my head! It was really hard to narrow them down. So I decided upon six different designs using a color palette of various shades of green, white, yellow accents, and a touch of black. I really love the way these colors worked together!

For a first birthday, it is a must to make a number one cookie. I added a cactus pattern using a green sheen airbrush and then decorated it with a cute yellow flower. I also like to personalize a cookie with the birthday boy/girls' name so I took the chubby cactus that I splattered with a little gold luster dust and decorated it with a yellow rosette and added the birthday boy's name so that it highlights that it is his big day. I wanted to include a few different cacti cookies, so I created a barrel cactus and a saguaro cactus as well. In addition to the cacti cookies, I wanted to create cookies that looked like a birthday party, so I made balloon and party hat cookies. The balloon cookie I patterned it with green sheen cacti and featured a "1". The party hat cookie I designed to look like a cactus using the same pattern as the saguaro cactus cookie. They added that touch of fun and whimsy to the collection that is fitting for a 1st birthday party.
I love how this set came together and I hope they are enjoyed as much as I enjoyed creating them!

I am sure little Zane was looking sharp for his 1st birthday party! Happy birthday, Zane! I hope your day was on point!

No comments:

Post a Comment