Tuesday, May 14, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Piper's Mermaid 1st Birthday Cookies

It will be mermaid kisses and starfish wishes for a sweet little girl who is turning one this week! I was so excited to get an order for mermaid cookies as I have been dying to make some and I was even more thrilled to have been given the creative freedom to design a set that I thought both mama and baby girl would love. Hopefully I did not disappoint!
When I took the order I was told the main colors were aqua, pink, and gold. The color palette was perfect for what I was creating so the rest of the design just fell into place so nicely.
 
My first thought for the set was to create a little mermaid. I wanted to have a little figure that would represent the birthday girl...but as a mermaid. Let me just say, she is the cutest little mermaid! I added a little flower and pearl earrings just for fun and to add that extra girl touch. But I have to say, her shell bra is adorable and makes me giggle just a little bit.
The next cookie I wanted to make was one that would be personalized with the birthday girl's name. So I decided to make a clam shell that I patterned with gold polka dots and added a little bling with pretty sprinkles at the bottom, much like under the sea treasure. The birthday girl's name completed the design!
I love the look of starfish in a mermaid set, so I couldn't let this set go by without including a pretty starfish. This one I created in pink and patterned in subtle pearl polka dots then I added all the little dots in blue and green. It is such a cute starfish and rounds out the set well.
I always love to design a cookie into a set that includes the birthday boy/girl's name. So I used my favorite number one cookie cutter and patterned the one with a mermaid scale pattern and added a little bit of seaweed for that under the sea look. Lastly, I created a mermaid tail that I patterned in gold scales and sprinkled a little gold luster dust for some extra sparkle.
I am so happy for the way this set turned out and I am very excited for this little one's first birthday party. Happy birthday, Piper! Hope your special day is as "mermazing" as you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment