Monday, May 27, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Pokemon and Pikachu Cookies for Jake's 9th Birthday

I can't believe nine years have gone by since I had my first child, Jake. It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing him home for the hospital, completely overwhelmed with love but also super nervous knowing we had a little life in our hands. But despite the many sleepless nights, diapers, and overall hard work of being a parent, being a mom to my son has been the greatest gift in the world. He was the first one to make me a mom and I love him more than words can describe.
It has been such a joy to see Jake grow and develop. I have loved every minute of watching him learn and see his little personality evolve. He is quiet and shy when you first meet him, but once you get to know him, he is energetic, witty, funny, and super silly! When he is interested in something, he loves it wholeheartedly and very passionately. So this year he became very interested in Pokemon. For the past few years he has had an interest in Pokemon, but when he learned that a movie would be coming out, it spiked his interest! So of course when he got to choose his theme for his birthday cookies, he wanted Pokemon and Pikachu!
The Pikachu cookie was fairly simple as the design was already created, I just needed to execute it so that it looked like the cartoon image (which isn't always as easy as it seems).

I got to have a little fun with the number nine cookie since I was able to design it myself! So I took the number nine and decided to turn it into a pokeball. I am not sure every number would work well for this design, but I think I just got lucky that number nine already looked like a pokeball.

The color palette was pretty minimal; I used red, white, black, and yellow. I really loved how the colors look together...so vibrant! They just make the cookies pop!
These cookies look so cute, they will have my son so excited to celebrate his birthday, he will surely be saying "Pika Pika" on his special day! Happy birthday to my little man, 9 will be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment