Friday, May 31, 2019

{Sugar Bee} RusticTeddy Bear Baby Shower

A mama-to-be will soon be welcoming a baby boy that will surely be soft as a teddy bear, and just as cuddly and sweet, with tiny little hands, and tiny little feet!

When I got an order for a rustic baby shower, I was delighted to create cookies for a theme that I haven't seen in a while. Teddy bears have always been a classic baby shower theme, but with the new trend of having very elegant showers, it seems that the traditional baby imagery has been lost. So to see a mom-to-be having a teddy bear baby shower with an elegant and rustic look was very exciting. I was also thrilled to try a new technique that I haven't had a chance to try, but have been dying to do for a long time now.
My customer had asked for a faux wood panel appearance to the cookies. I was both nervous and excited to try this technique out. I have been wanting to do this for ages, but never had the request, and now that I had the opportunity to try it, I hoped that it would turn out as I envisioned. Good news, they looked exactly as I designed and I absolutely loved how they turned out!

You may already know, I always love to personalize my sets for the customer, so I added an "H" to the "wood panels" since it is the baby's initial. The final touch for this cookie was the addition of the pretty rosettes. They definitely completed the design and make the cookie look so elegant. 
I included a baby plaque cookie since these cookies are celebrating a baby and a mama-to-be. I used another technique for creating a wood look. This time I used a wood grain airbrushed pattern and piped a hand lettered "baby" in a light blue.
Finally, I created a little bear since that was the main theme for the baby shower. I decided on a dark brown bear because I felt it added the perfect contrast to the set. His sweet blue bow gave him the accessory needed for a cute and cuddly teddy bear. This little guy is ready to welcome a baby boy to two excited parents and their family.
 
Congratulations to the mama-to-be as she celebrates the upcoming arrival of her baby boy! Wishing you a beary sweet and special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment