Monday, February 14, 2011

{Sugar Bee} Golf "Par-tee" Cupcakes!

My dad just recently turned 60 and because he is such a golf enthusiast, I thought that it only be appropriate to have golf themed cupcakes. Therefore, I searched online for inspiration and came across a picture of a chocolate golf ball surrounded by piped grass. What an easy and creative idea! I figured I would do that plus add a little extra to really make it cute and include my dad's age. So, I created cupcake toppers in the shape of a golf flag that had "60" on the front. I know, I know...there isn't a hole "60", but that is okay!
I also made a dozen cupcakes with just piped grass and cupcake toppers that said "Fore Steve"! I just wanted another opportunity to include the birthday boy's name...birthday man's name is more like it. 
These cupcakes would also make cute birthday treats for a little boys' birthday party. I think I may be doing a golf themed birthday party for Jake in the future!

To get the piped grass look, all you need is Wilton tip #233. You can get this at your local craft or baking supply store. The chocolate ball molds can be purchased online through Amazon.

Keep an eye out for a Golf Themed Party Printable collection in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment