Monday, October 31, 2016

{Party Bee} Ghoul's Night Out Dessert Table

Halloween! My favorite time of year is here at last! This year I knew I wanted to create a table that was a little more spooky, but still kid friendly so that my kids weren't totally creeped out. So I used my "Ghoul's Night Out" printable collection as the foundation to my table. It is a black and white colored collection so it allowed me to either keep it simple with two colors, or I could add any other colors that I wanted. I did want to keep it pretty neutral, but I added a pop of color by using bright green accents here and there with the goodies I made.
What was nice about my table, is that I used everything that I already had from decorating around the house from previous years, but I decided that I wanted to incorporate all my black and silver decor only. I also found some great new things at Michael's this year that added to the table. First I saw the awesome silver skulls which were such a great deal...$2.99 each- how do you pass those up, especially when you get to use a coupon on them! Then I found cool wood spiders that were unpainted....this gave me the perfect opportunity to paint them silver using some spray paint I already had in my art stash. All so simple and kept with my budget!
The printables added some spooky phrases as well as fun imagery to the table. My "take a bite" sign gives guests the ok to eat some goodies....but they also read they can eat at their own risk!
I love making chocolate covered Oreos and so does my family and friends! I wanted to carry the skull theme out so I made scary skulls. But I also wanted to create brains- human, zombie, and monster brains to be exact! My kids are both fascinated and completely grossed out by them....I wonder who will be willing to give brains a try?!
I always love adding a sign or two just to keep with the theme. And of course a table wouldn't be complete without bottled water....it is what everyone will need to wash all of the sugar out of their system!
I have been dying to make eyeball cake pops! But instead of using a lollipop stick, I wanted to use silver forks (they are disposable). In addition to the eyeballs, I created some sprinkle cake pops as well. They look perfect resting inside striped mason jars (also easy to do using spray paint and painters tape)!
The last detail to my table is the death by chocolate cupcakes topped with a chocolate skull! I also added a couple paper cupcake toppers for an extra fun detail.

I think this year will be an extra fun and spooky Halloween filled with ghoulish goodies and lots of smiles!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment