Tuesday, October 3, 2017

{Sugar Bee} 80th Birthday Cookies

When I got a request to make cookies for a couple who are turning 80, I was so delighted to be a part of such a special day! This sweet couple is having a joint 80th birthday party and it was essential for me to create something that was elegant, festive, and fun!

I was told that these two are big Green Bay Packers fans so I knew my touch of fun and whimsy would be to create sugar cookie cheese wedges with the Green Bay "G".  The main color scheme of the party is black, white, and gold....all very elegant! However, I needed to pull everything together with the cheese wedges, so I included the green and yellow into the color scheme in the form of flowers and leaves for a pop of color and to create a cohesive cookie display while still looking pretty.
I kept the the chocolate covered Oreos very clean and elegant with white and gold being the main colors. These can be incorporated easily on to a dessert table and coordinate with just about anything.

I am so happy with how everything turned out and I hope the birthday "boy" and "girl" love their special treats!
Here's to being 80 years young!

No comments:

Post a Comment