Sunday, December 27, 2020

North Pole Hot Cocoa Dessert Table

This year I thought we needed a bit of extra cheer, so for Christmas I created a hot cocoa bar dessert table! But not just any hot cocoa bar....a North Pole hot cocoa dessert table! 

I was inspired by the wood signs I found at Michaels in November and I knew I had to use my favorite buffalo plaid print table runners and party printables! I figured my table would be North Pole meets rustic farmhouse!

Most of the decorations were things I already had on hand. Some I have had for years, others I grabbed on clearance from last years Michael's Christmas clearance (the best time to get your decor and great deals for the next year). 

The style of the decor definitely created a warm and cozy aesthetic, but it was the sweet treats that really gave me all the winter feels! The table was dressed with snowflake and poinsettia chocolate covered Oreos which made for beautiful decorations as well as goodies to eat! The hot cocoa bombs were the table's centerpiece and the most fun for the kids! They are an activity and treat all rolled up into one...first they watch their hot cocoa bomb open up and the marshmallows pop out, then they get to enjoy! 

My tables wouldn't be complete without my decorated sugar cookies. Cookies are always paired nicely with hot cocoa or a nice cup of hot coffee! This year, I created a buffalo plaid Merry Christmas plaque to carry out the pattern of my table, as well as hot cocoa mug cookies in the shape of penguins and gingerbread men. They are the perfect touch of cuteness!

Finally, I chose adorable character mugs to fill with hot cocoa mix favor bags! Who wouldn't want to have a cup of cheer out of a Santa Claus, Reindeer, and Gingerbread mug?! 

Christmas this year wasn't the same as previous years, but this table helped create a festive winter wonderland for the family to enjoy!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your family and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment