Tuesday, February 20, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Quinceanera Chocolate Covered Oreos

When I was asked to make sweet treats for a special girl's upcoming quinceanera, I was quite honored to be entrusted to create desserts for such an important day and also very excited because the theme and color scheme were right up my alley! The birthday girl chose an enchanted forest theme with a color scheme of mainly pink and brown. This theme entails a lot of rustic and woodsy elements, but also the beauty of an enchanted forest, such as the flowers and pretty creatures (i.e. butterflies, fairies, deer, etc.). But in addition to the theme and color scheme, they wanted to incorporate a bit of glitz with touches of gold....this is a quinceanera after all! 

So after learning of the theme, I knew the look I was going for for the chocolate covered Oreos. I created a variety of sizes and designs that when all put together are fit for a princess. I created standard sized chocolate covered Oreos topped with the number "15" in gold, gold butterflies; and pink, white, and yellow flowers lightly brushed with gold and placed inside a gold fondant decorative frame. I also created mini roses to add dimension to the platter. 

I am so excited for the birthday girl to see her treats on her dessert table for her big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment