Monday, October 22, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Hudson's Blazin' Sweet Firefighter Sugar Cookies

Sound the alarm and get fired up, because a little firefighter celebrated his 4th birthday with these smokin' sugar cookies!

This is year for Hudson's birthday, he had a firefighter themed birthday party and his mama asked me to create some cute and delicious treats to accompany the rest of her fun and festive decor. Well of course I was excited because it allowed me to pull out some of my cookie cutters that I have been dying to use!

The color palette that I used mainly consisted of the typical colors for this theme, red! But I wanted to include other colors to break up the red and add an accent color. So I decided to use gray as my other main color, but also include white, black, and finally use yellow as my accent color.

When I was coming up with my designs, I thought we of course needed to have a Fire Helmet and Fire Truck, but I wanted to add a couple cookies for personalization. After brainstorming a bit more, what I came up with with was a Fire Cross with Hudson's initial and a number 4 to highlight the age he is turning! I must admit, the number 4 probably is my favorite cookie because I was able to create those fun and colorful flames! But I also didn't want to forget about the dalmatian that is often associated with firefighters and fire stations, so I created a dalmatian paw to the set. Finally, I wanted to use the yellow a bit more to make the color really pop in the collection, so I decided to create a fire hydrant on a plaque shape cookie that had a brick pattern to represent a building.

All together these 6 designs made such a cute and cohesive set...they were definitely ready to go to the station to sweeten Hudson's birthday party!
I had a blazin' good time making these cookies and I hope the birthday boy had an equally good time eating them!

Happy 4th Birthday, Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment