Saturday, October 20, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Transportation themed Cookies for Avery's 2nd Birthday

Start your engines and shift into gear because a little boy named Avery is turning 2! For his second birthday, Avery's mom wanted some cookies to go along with his party theme, "Things that Go"! Well of course that is a fun theme with SO many options....having to narrow it down to just a few vehicles was a bit of a challenge. However, Avery had some favorites that his mom wanted to see incorporated into the set, so that helped me as I designed the cookies.
I thought it would be fun to have the option of splitting them into mini sets....things that go on land, and things that go in the air and on water. But keeping them cohesive would be my goal. So each set had a color scheme, but one color would make their way through most of the designs...yellow!
The things that go on land set was comprised of a tractor, dump truck and a number two that looked like a dirt/mud road with tire tracks. I kept to the color scheme of green, yellow, brown, and black. For the things that go in air/on water, I created a sailboat, hot air balloon, and a number two that had clouds and a helicopter and airplane. The main colors I used for that min set were light blue, dark, blue, red, and white....but I still managed to accent a couple of the cookies with yellow to unify the entire collection.

Overall, I was so happy with how they turned out and I hope the birthday boy enjoys them as well!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Avery! Hope you had a "wheelie" good time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment