Saturday, September 7, 2019

{Sugar Bee} How to Train Your Dragon Sugar Cookies for Max's 6th Birthday

My sweet little nephew, Max, is calling all of his little vikings and dragon riders today to celebrate his 6th birthday with a How to Train Your Dragon themed birthday party! In addition to the fun festivities that I am sure my sister-in-law has planned, she reached out to me to create some party printables and cute cookies to go along with the theme.

I hadn't watched the movie before I started designing the cookies and party decorations, so initially I was a bit at a loss for ideas. But after a little bit of research and watching all of the movies (which were super cute by the way), I was able to come up with the perfect set!

One of the main characters is of course the dragon, so I knew that I wanted to add a dragon to the mix. However, I always think it is important to personalize birthday sets with the age of the birthday child and their name. So I took out my number six cutter and just looked at it until inspiration hit. I saw that a dragon could fit well on this shape because the tail can curve with the shape of the six and the face can be placed right at the front. This number really was the perfect form for a dragon!

The second design I came up with after I noticed that all the people in the movie were vikings! They all had their viking hats on, so I thought I would create a hat for Max. I wanted it to look cool, so I added a bit of silver airbrushing to give it that metal look. Also, because I like to personalize cookies with the birthday child's name, I added Max to the front of the hat in a vibrant red that coordinated with the dragon's tail. Now the birthday boy can be a viking too!

I really loved how this set turned out and I hope the birthday boy loves them as well!

Happy birthday, Max! I hope you have a legendary birthday and a roaring good time celebrating your special day with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment