Tuesday, March 12, 2019

{Sugar Bee} Succulent Baby Shower Cookies

This past weekend I had the pleasure of making sugar cookies for a friend who was planning a baby shower for her sister-in-law. My friend told me that the shower would be decorated with flowers and succulents and then let me run wild with my creativity and designs knowing that I understood the look and style of the shower. I just love it when my customers trust me and let me create! 
So after much brainstorming, I decided that the cookies would have a fairly minimal and modern look to them, keeping with the elegant and sophisticated look of the party. I kept to a pink, white, green, and gold color palette that I was told was being used for the shower decorations.

I always love doing cacti cookies, so I chose to do a cute little cactus that I splash painted with gold luster, and adorned it with a pink rosette. Then I decided to create a cookie that had a cluster of succulents, rosettes, and leaves. After looking at how cute the succulents looked in the cluster, I wanted to do a cookie that had a single succulent so that it could really be the highlight of the cookie design. So I used a hexagon cookie and airbrushed it with a modern chevron pearlized pattern and piped a cute succulent that I accented with a little gold luster dust. Finally, I wanted to include a cookie that focused on a baby, since it was a baby shower, so I created a cute onesie with ruffle sleeves that I patterned with a pearlized polka dot pattern and added a sweet little rosette.
I absolutely loved this sweet, modern, and elegant set and I hope that the mama-to-be enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed creating them!

Best wishes to the mom-to-be and the arrival of her baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment