Wednesday, April 3, 2019

{Sugar Bee} 1st Birthday Cookies for a little Mouseketeer

Hot diggity dog, a sweet little boy is going to be celebrating his first birthday with a special mouse today! It was such a delight to be able to create some festive, fun, and delicious treats for him and his family and friends to enjoy at his party.
When I was designing the cookies, I knew I wanted to use the classic red, black, yellow, and white color palette. But instead of doing characters, I decided to let the colors and the sprinkles do the work of referencing the special mouse.
Narrowing down my ideas was definitely difficult, because it is such a fun theme and everything looks adorable in this color palette. So as I was brainstorming, I thought of traditional party elements, especially for a 1st birthday. The first thing that came to mind was a party hat! So I chose a cute little birthday party hat and I adorned it with a sprinkle mix I created that featured the little mouse head that the birthday boy loves.
After the party hat, I knew I wanted to include a balloon, because what party is complete without balloons?! But this balloon would have a number one and coordinating sprinkles to keep with the theme.
I couldn't leave out a number one cookie! After all, it is the first milestone for the birthday boy! But this one would be dressed similarly to that special mouse and I added the word "one" to really emphasize that special number that everyone is celebrating.
I knew that the mouse head would be important to include in the set, so because it is the most iconic shape, I decided to personalize the cookie with the birthday boy's name.
I absolutely love how fun and cheerful this set turned out! I hope that the birthday boy and his family enjoy their cookies as much as I enjoyed created them. Happy birthday to the little mouseketeer, I hope you have the most special day celebrating such a momentous occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment