Sunday, November 4, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Cute Cacti Sugar Cookies

If it isn't obvious that these cookies are for a gender reveal party, let me explain! When I was approached to do cookies for a cacti themed party that would reveal the gender of a baby due in 2019, I was very excited because I LOVE cacti cookies! I was instructed that the boy cactus needed to have a mustache and the girl cactus needed to have a bow. But of course, I wanted to mix it up a bit and add a little bit of variety. And I must admit, I am totally "stuck on" these cacti sugar cookies!
As you can see, there are 5 different cacti cookies. The girl cacti are potted and are wearing either a bow or flower...and in pink, of course! The boys are saguaro cacti, one is a chubby saguaro the other is a traditional saguaro, and they both have mustaches and are wearing a bow tie....in blue! The last cookie is to break up the cookies and are to represent both genders, hence the blue and pink rosettes. Because I love to add a little bit of glitz, I added a subtle pattern to each cookie using gold and a green metallic sheen. I think it was the perfect touch!

Now to find out the gender....will it be a he or a she?!

Congratulations to the parents-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment