Monday, November 5, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Vampirina Sugar Cookies for Alivia's 4th Birthday

This past weekend a sweet and beautiful, little girl named, Alivia, turned 4! Her mama, who happens to be my niece, planned a special day filled with the birthday girl's favorite character, Vampirina. If you aren't familiar with Vampirina, it is one of the newest cartoons on the Disney Junior channel. She is a little girl vampire who moves from Transylvania to Pennsylvania with her mom and dad, and they open a Bed and Breakfast. Vee (Vampirina) is the new kid in town and must face the trials, tribulations, and joys of fitting in with her very human classmates. It is a super adorable show and little girls are going batty over it!

However, because this cartoon is fairly new, there is a lack of Vampirina party decorations in the stores, thus, I was asked to make cookies that would allow her to bring the theme of the party into the decor. I must admit that I am not a cookie decorator that prides herself on character cookies, they are on the difficult side and can be very time consuming, but of course for Alivia, I was up for the challenge!
What I came up with was the perfect combination of characters and spooktacular patterns! I decided that I would try my hand at Vampirina and her friend, Demi. Instead of doing characters with their entire bodies, I placed Vampirina's face on a plaque cookie with a cute gray bat pattern. Demi's face was placed on a balloon, also with a bat pattern, but in a pretty purple. I wanted to include a festive birthday cake, so I created a purple cake with black drip frosting topped with some red and pink sprinkles. On the side of the cake I added a spider web pattern and a cute bat to represent Vampirina in bat form. Lastly, I like to incorporate some personalization so I made bat cookies and piped Alivia's name on them. I also created number 4 cookies with a spiderweb pattern and a purple bat since that is age she was turning. 

Overall, I think I may be "batty" for this set! They are just frightfully fun and I hope Alivia had boo-tiful day filled with spooktacular fun!

Happy 4th birthday, Alivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment