Saturday, June 30, 2018

{Sugar Bee} Stars & Stripes Sugar Cookie Collection

The 4th of July is in four days and I am looking forward to hanging out with my family, having fun by the pool, eating and drinking festive foods, and watching fireworks! But of course throughout all of the entertainment, we will remember how wonderful it is to live in the United States and how grateful we are for the freedoms we have.

This year for the 4th, I couldn't miss the opportunity to create some sweets to celebrate this "sweet land of liberty"! Thus, I got to baking and created my "Stars & Stripes" sugar cookie collection that of course features a lot of red, white, and blue....and stars and stripes! Among my favorites that I created were Uncle Sam, the top hat, and the good ol' United States of America with the words "Let Freedom Ring" written across the surface. But wouldn't you know, my kids took a liking to the "Popsicles" that I made with real wooden sticks (though with this heat, I could use a real popsicle right about now)!
I hope all of you are ready for a day full of fun, food, family, and friends....and remembering our nations freedoms as well as the courageous men and women who are so dedicated to preserving it.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment